Tucson Business Torts Lawyers
Unfair Business Practices and Wrongful Conduct
A business tort is a wrongful act and/or an illegal act that often involves fraud, unfair competition or breach of fiduciary duty.
Some of the most common types of business torts that may initiate a legal dispute and provide a basis for suit or damages to be awarded include:
- Tortious interference by a previous employee: This occurs when an employee leaves a company and attempts to, or does, steal an existing client from that company. This may occur when a business competitor engages in unfair business practices and interferes with the business relationships your company has established with a client, a bank, a business or any other prospective business interest.
- Tortious interference of a contract: This occurs when a third party acts in a manner that prevents a party to a contract from performing, or otherwise meeting its obligations, under that contract.
- Breach of fiduciary duty: A fiduciary duty is a duty to act in the best interests of a beneficiary, a stockholder or a company. Partners, shareholders, officers, directors and others, who commit a breach of fiduciary duty, may be held liable for economic damages that they have caused.
- Unfair business practices: This may include unfair advertising, fraud, breach of a non-compete contract, negligent misrepresentation or other prohibited business practices.
- Defamation: False statements that damage the professional reputation of an individual or company. These statements may be oral (slander) or written (libel) statements communicated within a company or outside of a company, so long as they are communicated or “published” to a third party.
Business Owners and Trial Lawyers
The founding attorneys at Goldstein & Scopellite, PC are business owners themselves and they understand what it takes to grow, protect and run a successful business. You can be confident that the litigation attorneys at Goldstein & Scopellite, PC will understand the impact of unfair business practices and how those breaches can impact your company. You can also be confident that the Goldstein & Scopellite, PC business attorneys representing you will understand the financial impact of litigation and how the cost of litigation, and a potential judgment, will affect your future business.
At Goldstein & Scopellite, PC we do everything possible to protect our client’s interests. We strive to resolve legal disputes efficiently and in the most cost-effective manner possible through negotiation, mediation and other forms of dispute resolution and when your case must go to trial, our litigation attorneys have the experience necessary to vigorously protect or defend your rights and interests, and those of your business.
Contact Goldstein & Scopellite, PC
If you need to speak with a Tucson business litigation attorney regarding a tort or a business dispute, contact Goldstein & Scopellite, PC, in Tucson, Arizona at (520) 202-0391. You may also contact us by e-mail.
The qualified business attorneys at Goldstein & Scopellite, PC offer effective research, legal advice and litigation representation to small-business owners and large-business owners. Whether your case involves a business tort, a breach of contract, or commercial or complex commercial litigation, the attorneys at Goldstein & Scopellite, PC will be prepared to provide you with sound advice and diligently and effectively representation you, when required.